Twin Orchard Country Club was originally founded on May 20, 1924 as the "Chicago Golf Club". The club was built on two farms located at Bryn Mawr Avenue & Wolf Road. The club consisted of 164 acres and included 2 large fruit orchards. Hence, the change of name prior to opening to Twin Orchard.
On July 8, 1924 Twin Orchard was incorporated in the State of Illinois. The first set of officers were elected and Mr. Lewis D. Levit served as the Club's first president presiding over all thirty members.
In 1947, the club was informed that its site was being considered for condemnation to make way for the proposed O'Hare Airport. A special committee was appointed to investigate the possibility of moving the club to another location and Mr. Samuel Hillman was appointed Chairman. He evaluated several possible sites and settled on the then sight known as Skycrest Estates. Mr. Gene Dyer, the owner at that time and the membership finalized the sale and the Twin Orchard move to Long Grove was completed in May of 1951.